k8s beginner 01 - pod concept
* container are isolated in k8s objects which is known as a pod or minion * a pod is single instance of a an application * a pod the smallest object that can be created in k8s cluster
* a single node cluster * using a single pod * which contains a single container
* scaling is NOT adding more containers to a pod * scaling creates new pods * is the node limit reached create a new node in a cluster within scalling new pods
* containers in a pod can share a network and storage as well * helper container dies also like a regulary container if the pod dies * in k8s helper container can combine both in a pod which can share storage to each other
* kubectl pulls from docker hub by default
# pull and run nginx container > kubectl run nginx --image nginx # show running pods > kubectl get pods # describe pod > kubectl describe pods nginx # get pod details like host > kubectl get pods -o wide # delete pod > kubectl delete pod nginx
describe” is a very powerfull command!